Over the last years I have worked with several incarnations of what is now called the Windows Identity Foundation (WIF). Throughout that time I continuously built a little helper library that made common tasks easier to accomplish. Now that WIF is near to its release, I put that library (now called Thinktecture.IdentityModel) on Codeplex.
The library includes:
- Extension methods for
- IClaimsIdentity, IClaimsPrincipal, IPrincipal
- XmlElement, XElement, XmlReader
- RSA, GenericXmlSecurityToken
- Extensions to ClaimsAuthorizationManager (inspecting messages, custom principals)
- Logging extensions for SecurityTokenService
- Simple STS (e.g. for REST)
- Helpers for WS-Federation message handling (e.g. as a replacement for the STS WebControl)
- Sample security tokens and security token handlers
- simple access token with expiration
- compressed security token
- API and configuration section for easy certificate loading
- Diagnostics helpers
- ASP.NET WebControl for invoking an identity selector (e.g. CardSpace)
I have also added some samples and a rudimentary API documentation. You can download the whole package identitymodel.codeplex.com.
Feel free to contact me via the forum when you have questions or found a bug.